As we head into the new school year, I look forward to getting to know our new families and re-acquainting with the returning families. The partnership between the school and the home is so important. As primary care givers, you are the greatest influence in your child’s life. The relationship between the school and the family plays a crucial role in supporting your child’s development.
We look forward to providing opportunities to learn more about Montessori education and opportunities to be involved in the school community. Some fundamental things you can do to support your child is to:
- value their school experience,
- be involved in the school,
- allow the children the freedom to solve their own problems when possible
- give them time to practice while being friendly with error
- Be ready to help with love and listening when asked.
One of the most important things parents can do is spent time with their children. Reading each day is a wonderful activity that helps develop vocabulary with younger children and sends a strong message that literacy is valued.
For further reading please check out Tim Seldin’s book How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way. This can be checked out from our parent library.